Saturday, February 23, 2008

Summer Plans

Yesterday my boss informed me that I will only be working for one month during the summer. She told me that I can divide it up any way I want. I'm going to work 2 weeks in July and 2 weeks in August. That way I'll have half a paycheck each month. I have to re-do my budget and then decide which 2 weeks I want to work each month. At first I was kind of bummed because I was looking forward to the money, but honestly I'm the type of person who needs breaks or I get burned out and I'm useless.

My sister's son is graduating from high school in June and she turns 50 in July. She wants to take him on a cruise for a few days during the summer to celebrate. She invited me and my girls. So I'm going to see what wonders I can work in my budget.

My dad's family is also having a family reunion this year. I know he wants to go and he wants me to go with him. We would rent a van and drive. Our expenses would be renting the van, gas, food while traveling and possibly a hotel room if we stop. Last time we drove straight through because we had 3 drivers and it took us 30 hours. If we stay a week I usually don't spend more than $50 because we visit family and they live in small towns without malls and fast food.

So this weekend I'll be tweaking my budget and intensifying my search for a part-time evening job. I really hope I find something soon. I need the extra money.

No comments: