Saturday, February 9, 2008

Money, Money, Money, Money!

I was so busy yesterday that I didn't get to post. I could hardly sleep Thursday night for worrying about my paycheck and my tax refund. I woke up at 3am and checked my bank account online. Sure enough both my tax refund and my paycheck were resting peacefully in my account.

I noticed that my paycheck looked way too small. When I got my stub at lunch I noticed that I was missing a bunch of hours. I'm guessing those are the hours that I was out ill last month. I turned in my doctor's note, but our office manager has been out a couple of weeks and I'm not sure that she turned it in to payroll. Of course the lady in payroll wasn't answering her phone today. So I left her a message and sent her an email. I'm really bummed because Monday is a holiday and we are closed. I estimated that after taxes I'm missing over $300.

Even though I had my budget written down and ready to go, I was so nervous. It took me several hours before I wasn't afraid to spend the money. Then I started to sing as I happily paid my bills. I realized that I had been paying my cable bill late every month. I was paying it one or two days before it was scheduled to be cut-off every month and I had gotten so used to it that I forgot that wasn't the real due date. So I paid it ahead to get myself back on track.

Now I'm fretting because somehow everything isn't balancing. I'm short approximately $60 in my checking account. I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong and I'm honestly beat from thinking about this money all day.

I'm off to La La Land and hopefully tomorrow I'll get a chance to catch up on the WIR thread.

No comments: