Saturday, April 19, 2008

Suze Orman's Save Yourself Money Market Account

I opened a Suze Orman Save Yourself account in April 2007. I'll give you a little background on the account if you haven't heard of it. In February 2007 Suze's latest book, "Women and Money" came out. In the book she gave a code that allowed her readers to open a money market account with Td Ameritrade. The deal was that you would get $100 free if, within 30 days of opening the account you set up monthly automatic deposits in the amount of $50 or more for 12 consecutive months without making any withdrawls.

Well I did it. On the same day I sent my 13th monthly automatic deposit, Td Ameritrade gave me $100!!!!

A few months ago they started offering the same deal for people who wanted to open an IRA instead. I think it was a great offer. Unfortunately the last day to open a Save Yourself Account was at the end of March. Maybe they will bring it back, or maybe they are regretting the offer now that the economy is not doing so great.

2 comments:

hBs said...

Congrats on getting your FREE $100! Always such a good deal.

Karazay said...

Thanks Heather! It was an awesome deal!