I'm disappointed with May's progress. I received my Stimulus Rebate and yes I put mostly all of it in my savings account, but it was to replace money that I had previously spent. Therefore I didn't use it to boost my savings. I used it to bail myself out. I barely put any of my excess funds toward debt repayment. I can't say that Mother's Day or my eldest daughter's birthday were the reasons for my lack of progress. I spent a lot of money eating out in May. That's senseless because I had $44 left in my grocery budget. I'm seriously going to start sinking if I don't get my act together. So in June I'm going to try something different. I'm going to post my June Goals here and hopefully at the end of June I'll have accomplished them all.
- Do not charge more than $100 on my credit card.
- Save at least $28 in my money games.
- Replace the $79.13 that I owe my Christmas Fund.
- Save at least $49.39 toward repaying my mom for my previous car.
- Save at least $6.87 in my ING account.
- Pay at least $150 extra on my car note.
- Don't go over budget on my youngest daughter's birthday.
- Lose 8 pounds!
- Take a lunch at least 2 days each week.
Wish me luck!