Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sometimes financial responsibility is SCARY!!!

$801.39

That's a large scary number for me. That's the payment I sent to my auto finance company today. I've sent $650 before because I was behind, but never as an extra payment. Like I said before this is the first month that I'm really living on the budget I created (with tons of help from WIR). I'm right on track.

I can't wait until tomorrow when it clears my account and I can breathe again. I mean once it's gone - it's gone. I can't change it. Until then I'm shaking in fear. I don't exactly know why, but I am.

I want to keep $100 of it in my account for unplanned expenses, but I know that's unnecessary. I have an EF and $100 padding in my checking account. Not to mention the $20 or $30 I have in my Misc. fund for little things that may come up. I'm covered, but I can't convince my brain of that.

I guess part of me is still shocked that I was wasting this much money on fast food and other frivilous things just 3 months ago. If you had asked me then, I would have told you that I didn't have any extra money for savings (beyond the $50 I was putting in my Save Yourself Account). I would never have believed that I had nearly $600 extra that I could use to pay off my debt.

The exciting thing is that once I pay off my car - I will be putting nearly $1000 into savings each month, not including the retirement that comes out of my paycheck automatically. I can't wait to reach the day I transfer the money into savings instead of my car note. :)

No comments: